water dispenser problem

I have replaced the solenoid on a Whirlpool refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser. The water dispenser is working, however i noticed that the reservoir tank doesn't have any water in it.
Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this tank filled with water.
Thanks

Does the water jump across it like magic? It could be air bound and will fill up after you run the water some. Or it is filled all the way and you can't see a water line and think it may be empty.
That's a good one. A full tank looks the same as an empty tank unless you have colored water. If it was empty it wouldn't dispense water, think about it.