water comes out of bathtub drain when sink used???

Here's a strange one. When I use the sink in my guest bathroom, water comes out of the bathtub drain in the room. Then it just sits there and takes forever to drain. What's going on? Can anyone shed some light? Thanks,
-DB
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Rattle snake, python or garden snake? Which works the best? How do a snake run? Dey ain't gots no legs. *snicker*
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Exactly what I would have expected....
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dufus
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I beg your pardon sir! "Dufas" is a proper name.
http://www.ancestry.com/facts/Dufas-family-history-sct.ashx
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 24, 1:39 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

After you snake the hair balls out of the drains, check to see if the system is vented and if the vent is free. Stuff accumulates in drains that run too slowly because of vent problems. HTH
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
This may sound dumb, but how do I check the vent? I assume you are talking about the pipe that runs to my roof? It runs for 30 feet or so through some of the rooms in my house and comes out on a deck at the top of my roof. How could I check to see if it is blocked?
Also, should I 'snake' the drain myself or should I call a plumber? I've never done any of this, but I am *somewhat* handy.
Thanks,
Rob
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 24, 12:38�pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snake trhe vent line, from roof down.
small lines can be snaked easily, 4 inch diameter lines are much more hassle, aND RISK BREAING OFF THE SNAKE. requiring replacing line
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:39:22 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Plug the tub overflow with a wet rag and use a (good) plunger on the tub drain. Try the snake before the lye.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sink and tub drains come together at some point downstream. You have a blockage past the point where they come together, and/or a blockage in the vent that goes to the roof above the bathroom. Does the toilet in that bathroom flush properly, or gurgle? If it does work properly, and the toilet drain ties into the other drains below where the tub ties in, that tells you pretty well where the blockage is. Try one of those 2-part drain cleaners down the tub and the sink. Probably a hairball plus soap scum. If that doesn't work, it is time for a snake or roto-rooter.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖