water attachment on bidet

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blue-Bidet-Simple-Non-Electric-Bidet-Seat-Attach ment-in-White-BB-500/203831833
I bought a bidet, but can't attach the hose to the incoming water line by t he spiget because the piece is directly attached and I can't put in my T va lve. I wanted to try to attach it to the bottom of the water tank. For th at, I'd need a 7/8' male to female adaptor, preferable a T valve. Does any one know where I can have such a part made and how much would a plubmer cha rge to make one? I guess it would be cheaper to cut off the other end with the spigit and put on the right attachment. But then, I don't want to shu t off the water, and risk a leak in the plumbing.
On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:30:32 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:

chment-in-White-BB-500/203831833

the spiget because the piece is directly attached and I can't put in my T valve. I wanted to try to attach it to the bottom of the water tank. For that, I'd need a 7/8' male to female adaptor, preferable a T valve. Does a nyone know where I can have such a part made and how much would a plubmer c harge to make one? I guess it would be cheaper to cut off the other end wi th the spigit and put on the right attachment. But then, I don't want to s hut off the water, and risk a leak in the plumbing.
IDK how you can "make" what you want, which is I think is something that's the size of the typical fitting that comes out of the bottom of the tank from the ballcock fill assembly. You want to tee off of there, but good luck with that. I think the answer is it needs to go on the other end, at the supply valve. I've never seen a supply valve where the tubing that goes to the toilet is directly attached.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Is there a place to get this cheaper?
On 12/31/2014 10:43 PM, Deodiaus wrote:

sure,check out the plumbing supply and spend $14 in gas to chase it down.
Deo,
Sorry but I can't understand your problem. You have a stub coming out of the wall. Copper? PVC? The stub attaches to a threaded fitting and/or a valve. The cut-off valve attaches to a pipe or hose. Is this pipe or hose screwed into the valve (compression fittings)or soldered? Your pipe or hose is screwed into the flush valve. Basically you want to put a T-piece between the cut-off valve and the flush valve. If you have a hose then buy a t-piece and another hose. Put the T-piece between the 2 hoses and attach a hose to each valve fitting. If you have a pipe cut a space for the T-piece on the pipe and solder or use compression fittings to put on the T-piece. You lost me with your fear of shutting off the water. You will need to shut off the water at the toilet's cut-off valve to do this work. If you do not do the work correctly it may leak. Take your time and do it correctly.
Dave M.
On Thursday, January 1, 2015 8:35:20 AM UTC-5, David Martel wrote:

As I understand it, he's saying that the end of the toilet supply line is directly attached to the valve coming out of the wall. I haven't seen one like that, but it's possible. So, the tee that was supplied, he can't use. He wants another tee that would go on the other end of the supply line, between the supply line and the end of the toilet ballcock/fill assembly. He actually said he wanted it to connect to the "tank", which I'm assuming means the toilet tank, hence the above. I've never seen such a widget, which he describes as 7/8", and that sounds about right. In his latest post, he's apparently found one on Amazon.
I hadn't thought about it until now, but this bidet thing is then going to be spraying you with cold water. I would think it would have to attach to something that can mix hot and cold, adjust, etc and you sure don't, have that at the typical toilet.
.
On 1/1/2015 9:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Now I'm confused. Aren't they all direct connected? I mean with a threaded fitting. Are you taking it as a sweat fitting or other one piece unit?

But does not want to spedf $11 for it.

It not only cleanses, but wakes you up in the morning so you can start the day with energy. Feeling that 2 o'clock slump? Just freshen up on the bidet to get through the day. Side benefit: Puckers the sphincter to avoid skid marks in your undies.
On Thursday, January 1, 2015 10:50:18 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

IDK what he actually has. I took "direct connected" to mean that it's one piece, but like I said, I haven't seen one like that. Whatever is at the shutoff valve end apparently will not accommodate the supplied tee.

What does it do if you hook it up to the hot water line instead?
On 1/1/2015 11:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Do you want marshmallows in your hot chocolate?
On 01/01/2015 09:50 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[snip]

One other side effect from having a bidet. I almost never have to unclog the toilet.
--
"Nothing fails like prayer" -- Annie Laurie Gaylor

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Thanks ED, TMI. I have been reamed (non-sexually) so much that my pee'r won't open and my bummie won't close. Yes my feet smell and my nose runs...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

I have a pvc pipe glued to a flawcet type connection as show on the HomeDep ot site. Instead of being able to disconnect the water supply line to atta ch the T connect, I can't because the facet and hose is one unit. I could cut the pvc pipe, and replace the connection with a two piece attac hment (having a facet and a threaded hose) that allows for this attachment, but I worry that I don't have too much pipe, maybe 1/2 inch to play with. I also worry that if I mess this up, I could have a leak. I guess you use epoxy to glue metal to PVC piping. I thought that one could buy a 7/8 male to female T attachment which fits u nder the water tank easily.
On 1/1/2015 7:23 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I guess you use epoxy to glue metal to PVC piping.
No, you use a threaded one end pvc fitting glued on the other end. Metal fitting with threads mates to it.
On Thursday, January 1, 2015 7:23:07 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:

As shown where on HD? The only link I saw was to the bidet and that shows a conventional metal shutoff.
>Instead of being able to disconnect the water supply line to attach the T connect, I can't because the facet and hose is one unit.
K, that's what I figured. I've never seen one, sounds like a really bad idea to have the toilet supply tubing part of a plastic shutoff that is glued to the pipe coming out of the wall.

You need enough to seat fully in the new plastic fitting that you would use. You can measure and know for sure. If there is enough, I would cut the pipe and replace what's there.

You use PVC solvent and PVC cement to glue a PVC fitting on to the pipe coming out of the wall. There are fittings that have male pipe threads on one end. That's probably what you need, followed by a new metal shut off valve, then your tee, then a new supply tube to the toilet. I say probably, because there are other issues, like an escutcheon plate going over what's there to cover up where the pipe comes out of the wall. Whatever you do there, you need an escutcheon that will fit, etc. Also, if there is room, I'd probably glue a coupling on the pipe stub coming out, extend it out a few inches, then the male adapter. That gives you some more pipe to work with if it needs rework in the future.

Apparently you can, you found one on Amazon, no?
I'm still wondering about my most basic question. Is this thing even usable? On the HD description, it says it's for use with "ambient water". You're hooking it up to a cold water pipe, which is how it's apparently intended to be used. They probably say "ambient" because to say "cold water", would give you a better idea of what you're actually going to get and then they couldn't sell it.