washer spins, stops, spins, stops

1980 Kenmore washer Washer drains, starts to spin. After several proper speed revolutions, it stops, and agitator jumps. It then tries to start spinning again, only to be stopped again. This happens even w/ it empty.
// Spin cycle while (1) { start spinning after (several revolutions) { stop (brake?), jump agitator } }
Thanx

Salute it for lasting long and buy a new one.
If you fix it, something else may break or rust out. John
snipped-for-privacy@lsil.com wrote in

Hmmmm, pseudo-code. Do they still actually do that? I tried it during one period. Waste of time in my experience. Write real code, fix compile errors, recompile, no errors then test results, if NG turn debug/traces/break points/whatever depending on language. Nutshell of it anyway.
What does this have to do with home repair? A hammer. You have to give a keyboard a whack with a long handle knurled framing hammer some time :-) Dem keys and springs are all over like confetti.
The spin function in an old Kenmore belt drive washer is handled by a number of components, but I am going to gess that your problem is with one of the three wires going down to the electromagent (wigwag) on the gearcase.
Remove the two 5/16" screws to the lower back panel, and remove the panel. Tilt or move the washer so you can look at the gearcase. The wigwag has the red, yellow, and white wires leading to it. Look carefully for a wire that is starting to break. Gently tug on the wires to see if one is about to snap. If you identify a broken wire, splice in a new one, but make the connection away from where the wigwag is, because there is too much movement in that area to make a splice hold.