Wanted: Any Smoke Alarms/Detectors.

I am looking for any older smoke alarms and or smoke detectors. I have a collection of 161 units (no I am not planning on building a nuke or irradiating myself)
Whereas On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:55:02 GMT, "Nathaniel Lind"
, I thus relpy:

Are there any particualr types or vintages you are looking for, or do not want to consider? Are you collecting them for the sake of collecting them, or for particular components?
Where abouts are you, and would the components inside (namely the Americum), cause shipping/border hassles?)
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

scribbled:

<modestly applied snip>

I can't help but dwell on that Reader's Digest story I read a while back, about the young man who was playing with the Americium-241 from smoke detectors in an attempt to create a fissionable mass. He didn't turn his mother's garage into a crater, but he did manage to get her yard added to the EPA Superfund cleanup list. Hmmm...
Jim
Anything, but most wanted are: Honeywell TC89B, Honeywell CD2000A Emhart 035
scribbled:

The Honewell TC89B is the subject of a recall. So, my guess is that Nathaniel Lind might be requesting these units so that he can return them for a free replacement.
The whole thing seems mighty fishy to me.
KSL
so that
scribbled:

NoNoNono no no! Just want one for the collection. I know about the recall.
scribbled:

have
I suppose it is possible that someone may want to collect samples of every smoke detector ever made.
For some interesting examples of weird things that people collect see: http://www.mamud.com/airsicknessbags/sanitary.htm
and
http://www.sicksack.com/puke1.htm
KSL
scribbled:

do
scribbled:

People collected matchbooks for years without burning their houses down so maybe Natemeister just has a thing for smoke detectors. NOT