Want to buy a generator

Page 2 of 2

Sure, they were afflluent, but they didn't pay their electric bill and had the service turned off. Happens all the time, right?
And sorry, but if you run a generator in a basement or garage, despite all the labels, manual warnings and common sense, then you meet my definition of stupid.
wrote

Like I said, I hope your condition improves.
Steve

This IS the definition of stupid.

No, the definition of stupid is that you failed to read the line:

circumstances are still a mystery to us. *
* Law enforcement who investigated the deaths had unanswered questions, too.
Your superiority complex as well as crude remarks concerning other people's tragedies has earned you a place in my file of honor.
My definition of stupid.
Steve
wrote

I have run mine in my garage for 6 days; even put a CO detector next to it. No problem. Of course it is a small generator and I have cross ventilation. I suppose with a larger generator and/or the doors completely closed it would be a different story.

We have all done stupid things. Hoo boy, I'm the guiltiest. The differences are: some of us got caught; some of us got hurt; some got off lucky; some didn't pay the consequences. And yet there's another group who have the sick need to pontificate, the whole time denying that they are not in any group except the superior illuminati that neither makes mistakes nor has any tolerance for those who do.
Makes about as much sense as a man who claims to be honest or without sin.
Steve, who's going over to sit on the "GROUP W" bench.

Oh, please. Stop this "superior illuminati" BS. Anyone that runs a generator in a basement despite all the warning labels on the generator, manual warnings, and common sense meets the common definition of stupid. If someone dies under those circumstances it is stupidity that caused the death. To suggest that someone that calls this action stupid has some superiority issue is just bogus. When I was a 10 year old I knew better. To make this sound like it's just "shit happens" to everyone, is a lame attempt to absolve those responsible. And it perpetuates stupid people continuing to do stupid things, because your're telling them it wasn't their own stupid action that caused the bad result, it was just some random bad luck that happens to everyone.

Your e-mail is dead. Contact me if you like.
Some hints.
* Hedges or other bushes help muffle and dampen the noise. * I suggest both a chain and padlock, and a large dog. Generators are a very high theft item. Chain it to something secure, and chain the dog down, too. Helps if the dog is slightly hungry at the time. * What works for me, in the evening. Put a galon of gas in, and then when the generator runs out of gas, it's bedtime. Let the generator cool for a few minutes, and bring it indoors. (Cool, out of gas and not running, silly, before anyone flames me.) * If you use ether spray, spray it onto the air filter. If you remove the spark plug and spray ether into the cylinder, you will lock up the piston and turn your generator into a piece of worthless junk. A neighbor did this to my Dad. * I bought a 1200 watt ETQ off Ebay. Two cycle gas mixer. I was amazed how quiet it is. Someday I'll drill a hole in the air cleaner cover so I can spray ether right onto the foam element. * Honda has a reputation for being totally dependable and very quiet. Also twice the price. One time during a power cut, some friends of mine borrowed their brother's Honda. It wouldn't start, so I went over and give it a squirt of ether. Started right up. No idea how old the gas was, no one there knew. * Be a good neighbor, don't run your generator after the neighborhood kids are supposed to be in bed.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.