Walls

My husband sanded our hallway walls because the previous owners had wall paper trim at the top of the walls at the ceiling. He then painted the walls with Kiltz and then a top coat of white paint. Then we noticed at the ceiling it looked like the walls were weeping and over time it has moved down from the ceiling 15". From the top of the tears to the ceiling is fine then the tears run down 15". Around the doors it looks like long streaks of tears almost to the baseboard coming out from the side of the door frame at the top. The color is a light gray. It's not sticky or oily feeling. We are not sure what to do about it.
                             _________________________ Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com

My son had that in a house he bought, he solved the problem by painting with an oil-based paint put on heavily, followed by regular water-based paint. Never did figure out what was the problem, and it has never reappeared in 15+ years.