waiting time for ceramic over new oil paint?

New bathroom and I am going to paint around the tub area with an oil paint. How long do I have to let the paint dry before I use mastic to adhere the new ceramic tile?

Thx & Merry Christmas

Reply to
gary

Look on the paint can label. It will say "dries to touch...", "fully dry..." to give you a clue. Whatever, the longer the better. Take a couple of days while you're waiting and finish some other projects. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

A couple of weeks minimum.

Reply to
PJX

Why don't you put 1/4" cement board up where you're going to tile?

Reply to
larrybud2002

I did but I butted it up against the greenboard on the bathroom walls. The ceramic will overlap onto the mudded and painted areas.

Reply to
gary