Vynil cracking on leather Lazy Boy recliner under arms

This is a repost: Several folks have given responses as to what has caused these cracks, but no one has offered any suggestions on how to repair them. I would appreciate any and all repair suggestions. Thanks again.

I have a Lazy Boy recliner chair that is leather on the back, foot rest, and top of the arms. On the bottom front of the arms it is vinyl and on both arms the vinyl is cracking and peeling off of the fabric. The other vinyl on the sides of the chair are tight and there is no movement on it. There is always movement or flexing on the arms and I guess it causes the vinyl to separate from the fabric. It is tan in color. Do any of you know how I can repair the arms. I thought Lazy Boy was the top of the line, but in my opinion their products are a piece of CRAPP! They definitely do not stand behind their products. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have on how to repair.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Joe

I fear there is no repair short of replacement.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I've never hear of a way to repair vinyl. Is it in hot sun, or pulled close to a heat source? Seems like Lazy Boy has a lifetime guarantee, don't they?

Reply to
RamblinOn

quoting:

Chances are, the vinyl is drying. If you catch it early, a little armorall will soften it again. If the chair is still under warranty, see if they will fix it.

Reply to
JM

replying to RamblinOn, George wrote: Not true, I have a similar problem. Lazy Boy has 1 yr warranty. I was never told and the the literature I have, lists a bill of materials. Only after we noted the cracks on materials near seams did we discover that what we had was not leather, but a mix of leather and vinyl. I am awaiting a response from Lazy Boy. We have bought thousnds of dollars in furniture from our local store and expect better.

Reply to
George

replying to JM, George wrote: Or the material was deficient in plasticizer. These people have a good reutation, but if they mix leather and plastic just to save a few dolkars, as in my case it will cost them a lot of good will, warranty of one year notwithstanding.

Reply to
George