Voltage detector to reccomend?

Page 2 of 2
My non contact IR thermometer from HF does that, fails to shut off. Money wasted. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
g...
I bought a cheap one from home depot. I don't think it ever shut off. Battery went dead. I got a fluke works well. I could also use my harbor freight static receiver. Around $15 when I bought mine. You can trace wiring. Does not indicate voltage, and will also sound noise on ground.
Greg
On 5/9/2013 3:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

aisle at Walmart. I was on the job with a friend. He had one, and it was totally useful. Hold it near a power line, push the btton. See if the line was charged. If yes, it beeps and chirps and warbles.

probably LED. Flashes in case of power. Today it didn't work. Not sure if the leaky Energizer cells were the problem.

I have a Greenlee pocket non-contact voltage detector that works well and my digital clamp on ammeter has a function where I press the data hold button with the range switch off and it growls when I get the clamp near an energized circuit. ^_^
TDD
On Thu, 09 May 2013 23:52:48 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I have a dog like that.
But I have to feed him.

On 5/10/2013 1:55 AM, micky wrote:

What can I say, it's attracted to electricity. ^_^
TDD
On Thu, 9 May 2013 16:49:30 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
aisle at Walmart. I was on the job with a friend. He had one, and it was totally useful. Hold it near a power line, push the btton. See if the line was charged. If yes, it beeps and chirps and warbles.

probably LED. Flashes in case of power. Today it didn't work. Not sure if the leaky Energizer cells were the problem.
If you had leaky batteries, you can get bet your bippy they were the problem. Try to clean it up, neutralize the base or acid, and use new batteries.

The detector didn't make the batteries leak.

On 05/10/2013 02:53 AM, micky wrote:

aisle at Walmart. I was on the job with a friend. He had one, and it was totally useful. Hold it near a power line, push the btton. See if the line was charged. If yes, it beeps and chirps and warbles.

probably LED. Flashes in case of power. Today it didn't work. Not sure if the leaky Energizer cells were the problem.

Mine is an Amprobe brand available at one of the big boxes fairly inexpensively - it's been working fine for a year or so. I never had one before then, always just used a meter, but it really does save time.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Stormin Mormon wrote:

aisle at Walmart. I was on the job with a friend. He had one, and it was totally useful. Hold it near a power line, push the btton. See if the line was charged. If yes, it beeps and chirps and warbles.

probably LED. Flashes in case of power. Today it didn't work. Not sure if the leaky Energizer cells were the problem.

I wouldn't trust one with my life, get a real voltmeter (and learn to use it).
--

I met a guy today who said he was addicted to brake fluid!
But he says he can stop anytime.