Vise ID

Have seen a lot of vises with an anvil top, but not with a curved lip like this one. Anyone know what this is used for? Not much room to put anything and pound on.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Looks like an ENRON 100

Reverse the lips? Pound all day?

Reply to
Oren

Man, you must really be curious- first dozen in hits in Google were you attempting to locate info. Looks to be a purpose-built unit specially shaped for some production process, but I haven't a clue what. 'Eron' apparently was a jig making company. Current owner of brand name seems to be SPI- maybe they could tell you? I did find a couple pictures of ones that look just like yours.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

With a properly shaped hammer, you could make a rolled flange on something.

Second thought, I've seen u-bolts holding vises down. Perhaps this is a groove for the flat u-bolt.

Reply to
aasberry

To straighten nails.

Reply to