video surveillance

Page 1 of 2
Does anybody know of a good home video surveillance system?
I have a neighbor who has been periodically vandalizing our property over the past 3 years. I want to set up a hidden camera system to record him. The police said they can't do anything unless I catch him on camera.
He causes a couple hundred $ of damage every year and I afraid for the safety of my family.
My budget is about $300 but may be willing to go higher. I have a good working pc I can use for a system.
Any suggestions/ideas helpful.
Thanks,
FrankLee
Does anybody know of a good home video surveillance system?
I have a neighbor who has been periodically vandalizing our property over the past 3 years. I want to set up a hidden camera system to record him. The police said they can't do anything unless I catch him on camera.
He causes a couple hundred $ of damage every year and I afraid for the safety of my family.
My budget is about $300 but may be willing to go higher. I have a good working pc I can use for a system.
Any suggestions/ideas helpful.
Thanks,
FrankLee

How has he been vandalizing your property?
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:43:24 -0800 (PST), FrankLee

Why the phuc has this gone on 3 years? You could have shot him and been out of jail by now!

Do you know how low quality surveillance film is? You're lucky you can tell if it's a man or a woman. Most of the ones you see on TV are horrible, and those are from stores that have cash to spend on good machines. Most of the people are identified from clothing and other clues that people who know the suspects recognize.
Look at the laws of your state. You might have the answer to your problems in your gun closet. And if you DO catch this creep, you're only gonna piss him off by putting him in jail for a month or until he gets released on his own recognizance and comes back with a worse attitude. Catch the guy on your property and give him an attitude adjustment. Or find some Bubba who'll do it for fifty bucks.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

If he gets pissed off, he can become violent escalating the problem. Sorry you have a neighbor like that.

Steve B doesn't have a neighbor like that. Who are you talking to?

Right. So you either eliminate him 100% or give him an offer he can't refuse.
Steve
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:49:51 -0800, "SteveB"

Why give Bubba all the fun? I'd get too much pleasure blasting his head off with my shotgun. Make sure you kill him, else he'll come back and sue you. You can try motion detectors with flood lamps--vandals don't want to be seen. A pit bull or Doberman can help too.

Yeah, but then, you'd have something worse than a vandal: A dog.

Is there another way to kill him?
Lord forbid I get sued.
Honest truth, a Nigerian Prince sued me. Yes I have papers.
It was fist over guns:))
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:49:51 -0800, "SteveB"

(g) When did I care about pissing a creep off?
I have my own take down method.
He won't need OR, or a court. My justice ; just might be immediate.
I do my own adjustments - deadly or not. I keep the castle.
Oren wrote:

And if it's on castle property, there's NO instant replay. No refunds. No rain checks. Over. Finito. Done with. End of case. Period. At least in the two states I live in.
I love people who are stupid enough to enter into such situations. Sounds like this guy is a contender. The state is the question. In Texas, he'd be dead as a cabbage head jellyfish at high tide. (Putting it in terms even Texans can understand.) In California, the homeowner would probably get the death penalty. Just depends.
Knowing the law and your rights WHERE YOU LIVE can be a very good thing. Defending yourself and your property are actions that have long range repercussions and are not to be taken lightly. But knowing what you can and can NOT do is imperative.
And if you live in a state where criminal rights are more important than homeowner law abiding voter citizen rights are, then a move may be in your future. Depends on you. What are you willing to live with?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

rescue in California for ten years. I attended two self defense shootings during that period and I didn't even get deposed let alone have to testify. Both cretins were shot while on the premises of a domicile during the hours of darkness. The ghost story that you always here about you have to drag them back inside is nonsense in most western states. -- Tom Horne

I base it on the liberal attitude in California, and that they have no reciprocity on CCFs. I also base it on a couple of friends who were honest citizens, but reamed by the legal system for carrying guns in their cars under circumstances that didn't meet the law. (basic transportation of guns from one point to another.)
Steve
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:16:07 -0800, "SteveB"

Don't let the facts interfere with the rightin' of a good report!
;-/
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:49:51 -0800, "SteveB"

Bubba

Try www.supercircuts.com they have everything

We've used "Keepsafer" for years. I don't know if they are still around because we've never had any cause to contact them. We are very satisfied with their system.
--
JC from Gnat Flats