video security needed

Story:

A few years ago, a couple of teen-agers broke into a boat shed belonging to a boat repair company in Maine. Their plan was to steal some radios from the boats parked there. Then they noticed the cameras. No problemo - burn down the whole damned shed!

Of course the recording apparatus was located nowhere near the cameras and it didn't take long to identify the miscreants, two local boys, aged 16 &

  1. However...

One of the boats, in for a routine tune-up, belonged to George H.W. Bush.

The Secret Service got on the case!

They let the state handle the adult while they filed "Terroristic Acts" against the 16-year-old. The federal juvenile justice system ordered the younger boy confined to the only federal maximum-security juvenile detention center in the country (somewhere in Pennsylvania) until he was 21. So, for five years, he'll be locked up with (mostly) crazy Indians.

Reply to
HeyBub

I see a problem here. The Youth Corrections Act (YCA) phased out circa

70-80s. They were 18-25 years of age, so if they behaved - felony's were dropped.

The closest YCA center to PA may have been YCA Lorton, (D.C.)???

Reply to
Oren

The heinous crimes happened in Maine. The way the story read, there's only ONE federal SuperMax maximum-security facility for juveniles.

Reply to
HeyBub

Here's one link to the case:

Upon re-reading the report, I'm amazed at how well I remembered the facts. I missed the ages of the miscreants, but got most of the remaining parts sort of correct - especially the part about the malefactor being confined with almost 200 drunk, violent Indians.

Here's another link (same story) from a definitive source, the New York Times ("All the news that's fit to print" edition):

HeyBub