Vibration from water line -- Help

Hello,

When one outside water line is turned on, a loud, strong vibration starts. It can be heard all over the house and even outside. Sometimes it slows, gets quieter and even stops temporarily. It seems inside the house, it is centered on the refrigerator. If I move the refrigerator, it effects the vibration noise.

The house is a 7 year old ranch on a concrete slab with brick front and hardi plank siding. The water lines as best I can tell are copper.

This only happens with one outside water line. No vibration with other outside or inside lines.

Since the house is on a slab, I don't think there is much I can do.

Any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]

Reply to
Billy Boy

can be heard

I move the

Reply to
JGolan

can be heard

I move the

It sounds like your outside faucet may have a loose washer which oscillates when water flows past it. Try shutting off the supply and pulling that faucet apart to see if I'm correct about that.

The refrigerator part may relate to having a few coils of copper tubing behind it supplying an icemaker, and they're located "just wrong" to rattle against something when the outside faucet does its thing.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia