Vertical EMT Coupling and Support.

Hi: I would like to run two 20' sections of 1" diameter EMT vertically through an existing chase. Due to 7'-6' ceilings in the basement where I have to feed this from, each run will require three pieces of EMT.
I am curious about the best type of Cuopling, and appropriate support for this situation.
What is the best Coupling for this situation, the single set-screw type, or compression type?
Also, I'll be able to strap the top of the upper section in the attic to a 2x8, and will be able to support the bottom of the lower section in the basement too. Is this adequate support in this case?
Thanks.