Vacuum question

I need a vacuum that I can put into a pipe, and have it suck out the contents like a vacuum. Not a sump pump that is lowered, or a pump that needs to be primed, or even a self priming pump. I need to occasionally pump a four inch vertical pipe where fluids accumulate below grade, and run it out 200' downhill through a 3/4" hose. Doing that will create some suction and head pressure on its own. Almost all pumps are larger than 4", and those that have a garden hose intake are flimsy and the impeller won't take much solids and sand, which may compose some of the content.

Ideas?

I thought of getting a dedicated wet vac, and putting a through the hull fitting on it that would drain the water out of the tank, putting a 90 ball valve on there, and opening it when the tank got close to full.

Ideas?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

There are very simple "pumps" powered by water pressure that would probably do what you want. With the suction from the long downward outlet tube, it would probably only need to run for a bit to start the suction. For that matter, a check valve with a 'T' above it going to the outlet hose could be used. Turn on water into the 'T' to start the outlet hose siphon, then turn it off. The siphon will open the check valve to siphon out the water until it gets low enough to draw air and break the siphon. This would have the advantage of relative immunity to damage by crud in the water. The check valve and 'T' would be placed near the bottom of the pipe.

There are also wet/dry vacs with a pump built in to empty liquids even with the vacuum on, or shop vacs with a hose connection on the tank already.

Reply to
Bob F

Get a fire hose. I see 'em on Ebay from time to time. A 2" canvas hose won't cost much.

Reply to
HeyBub

Why do you need to pump out this pipe?

Can you use a cap with a hose fitting and let it fill to capacity and then drain out on it's own?

You'd need to "permanently" install the 200' of hose (or PVC pipe) but you'd be one and done instead of "occasionally" having to set up your pump system for short term use.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I feel if I jerk your chain and let you feel that you are of some value it will make you like me more and more. Keep looking for future stupid posts that you will be able to chime in on in the future. DUH!

Reply to
Steve B.

I'm glad I could be of some assitance.

We'll chat again real soon.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What are you trying to do? Sounds like you've got a borehole that needs to have the water pumped down hill some how. I've got a maybe idea, but it would take some trying to explain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm glad I could be of some assitance.

We'll chat again real soon.

REPLY: I DID NOT POST THE ABOVE. This is Steve B. The real one. The one who has been posting here for years. I just munged my ID to get past your killfile, which you may have put me in. I apparently have a stalker. If you know how to analyze the properties of my message, you can figure out that the paths from my history of posts is not anything like the person who posted the stuff above.

You have always contributed good stuff, DD, and we have spoken a lot in the past here. Please analyze the paths if you know how. In the meantime, I shall munge my ID as soon as this clown imitates me, and still sign my posts The Real Steve B, so as to get some posts in until my shadow tires and goes away.

The real Steve B

Reply to
Roscoe