Using JB Weld on Exhaust Manifold ?????

Has anyone ever used JB Weld on an exhaust manifold? I am doing some exhaust work and for some reason the studs came out of the manifold rather than the brass nuts coming off. (I thought that was strange). Anyhow, I decided to replace the studs and nuts while I was at it. There are 3 of them. Two worked fine, the 3rd will not hold in the manifold. Apparently the threads are bad. Changing the manifold is not an option. However, what if I JB Weld it in? I know JB Weld is good, but is this too hot for it to work? Has anyone ever done it?
One other thing. I used some anti-sieze on all threads. What can I use to remove it before I use the JB Weld (if I do)? I dont think it will hold good to that stuff. Will carb cleaner remove it?
Thanks
Mark
*Damn I hate working on exhaust systems*

Drill it out and install a helicoil.

Huh...... A helicoil ........ You lost me ???? What's a helicoil?

Google is your friend! : )
http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp
JB weld is plastic, what is its melt point, temp limit. Probably to low for exuast.
m Ransley wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:21:10 -0400, Curmudgeon

I have a tube but haven't used JB Weld. I've used PC70 a lot, and I patched a little pot with it, then boiled water, forgot and boiled out all the water, and that continued to work.
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:57:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

They state it's 600deg F. However, I have no idea how hot a manifold gets (by numerical degrees)
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote in (m Ransley)

exhaust temps exceed 1000 degF.

there's no data on how SOFT the JBWeld epoxy gets at 600degF,either. It's not going to be as strong as at normal temps. 600degF is porbably where it starts melting or begins to char.
ISTR a tube of goop called 'muffler bandage' that would withstand exhaust heat,in fact depended on it for it's curing.My tube was thrown out in the last spring cleaning,or I'd verify and get the exact name.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Epoxy is a plastic,and it will not take the 1000deg-plus heat of an exhaust manifold.

Yes,BRASS nuts should not have seized like that.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik