Use opened mortar?

I've had an opened bag of mortar in my garage for about a month. I did a small repair back then and only used a few scoops of it. I have a rag covering the opening and the mortar is still powdery. Can I still use it, or should I throw it away?
Mike
Mortar or Cement or Concrete? These terms really are missused very often but I will assume that it is indeed mortar (as in laying bricks, block) a premixed sand cement and lime/fireclay. Generally bagged products will harden from just humidity but if it is still powdery im sure it is fine. As a precaution (to avoid hardend parts in your mix) as you take the mix out of the bag either pass it over a screen or just run your hands thorugh it (gloved) to check for lumps.... upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Okay, thanks.
There aren't any lumps, but I wasn't sure if the individual grains were affected by humidity and would prevent a mixture from setting up.
Mike
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It's OK if it's powdery.
the for sure way to find out is mix up a small amount and see if it hardens OK. After mixing the mud, put it on something nonporous so it doesn't get dried too quickly. If the mix was bad, the next day you'll be able to smash the lump quite easily with a moderate squeeze of your fingers. bill