Update on Pool Water Loss

Hi everyone. Well, here's what the guy did when he came out here 2 weeks ago. He checked the pump and backwash gaskets. He tightened some screws around the steps and skimmer plates. He took out some little plastic "eyeball" type thing that was IN the jet at the steps. He said that one of his workers left it in there, and when we opened the little valve at the top of the staris to make the jet more forceful, water came out of there. Anyway, he said that the little plastic ball things stay IN the jets on the spa lounger but not the steps. Okay, whatever. So he took that out. He did a couple dye tests where he shot some dye around the skimmer plates and jets. He said he didn't see anything obvious that would indicate a leak, but he tightened some screws and said to keep an eye on it, call him, etc. Well that was 2 weeks ago, and I think since then we've maybe lost a half an inch IF that! So that's it, no more water loss. I figured something was loose, and him tightening the screws made the difference. My husband figured his worker made a mistake by leaving that little ball in the jet, the water had to go somewhere, and that was the problem. Either way, we are happy the problem is gone. Thanks for all of your advice. We're taking the water up to be tested today, after we put a bunch of stuff in last week to adjust the alkalinity, calcium, ph, etc. It looks gorgeous. I'm glad it's finally going to get hot here in Jersey this week. Never thought I'd see the day where those words came out of my mouth!

Nancy :-)

Reply to
Nancy

When's the pool party?