Untaped drywall corners

We just stripped off the wallpaper in one of our rooms and found that the corners of the sheetrock are not taped and mudded: the only thing covering the very small gaps was the wallpaper.
Will the new wallpaper be sufficient, or should we try to seal those gaps first?
Perce

Are you planning to wallpaper again? If it was me, I'd do it right. If you just wallpaper over it and one day someone bumps it and tears the paper, it'll be a fun job trying to repair. I'd go to the local hardware store and purchase some $1 plastic cornerbeads or pay a bit more and use metal. Either way, I'd repair it properly.

These are "inner" corners, right?

It will *cover* them but a precocious kid's fingernails will easily slice through it!
Get some spackle/mud and a corner knife -- make a game of it BEFORE you hide your blemishes with the paper:
<
http://www.sunrentalcenter.biz/itemimages/3369.jpg

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 20:32:03 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I'd be mudding and taping. A heavy wallpaper might cover it - but it might not.
Sponge finish on the mud will be adequate - you won't need to super fine-finish it. However, I would also prime the whole wall with an oil or shelac based primer before re-papering to be sure when you want to repait this paper it will come off without lifting the mud or damaging the paper face of the drywall.
| Will the new wallpaper be sufficient, or should we try to seal those | gaps first? |
It probably doesn't matter if you're going to repaper. If the old wallpaper didn't split then there's probably not movement there. I'm wondering how you got the wallpaper off. Is it plaster over the drywall? If you were painting it would be good to use mesh tape and compound, or at least a good caulking, like phenoseal. But if you're going to paper it shouldn't matter.
On 03/05/2016 10:33 PM, Mayayana wrote:

Just painted/primed/sealed (whatever) drywall. I think this small room might have been constructed subsequent to the original construction of the house.
Perce
| Just painted/primed/sealed (whatever) drywall. I think this small room | might have been constructed subsequent to the original construction of | the house. |
Interesting. You're lucky that you got the paper off. With normal wallpaper paste it usually takes part of the drywall paper with it when it comes off.
On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 08:27:02 -0500, "Mayayana"

He DID say "painted/primed/sealed" drywall. Paper on unsealed drywall is virtually impossible to remove without doing damage, while removing poper from sealed drywall is relatively simple (at least in comparisson)