Underperforming toilet.

Page 2 of 2
On Jun 19, 10:45�am, "Stormin Mormon"

I am the muriatic acid guy it works great asa others here have reported.
Acid is safe if used with a little care, it dissolves thew sediment that builds up in the bowl rim passages:)

Be careful Bob. The was also Acid Man the Mafia gangster.
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:02:09 -0400, "Dan Listermann"

Did you read the link above? I'm curious!
Otherwise, use Allen wrenches if you want to.
How will you get the sediment out that is horizontal along the rim, between passages?
In a world where so many things don't work. It sure is kind of you to share something that does work. Thank you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

>snip<
All this hue and cry about the toilet makes me wonder if the downstream plumbing is up to code. For example, this being a 'camp' does the system actually have a genuine vent of 3" or better tied into the toilet discharge line? And if there is one, is it open? Free of bird nests, whatever? Worth checking, I would think.
Joe

>snip<
All this hue and cry about the toilet makes me wonder if the downstream plumbing is up to code. For example, this being a 'camp' does the system actually have a genuine vent of 3" or better tied into the toilet discharge line? And if there is one, is it open? Free of bird nests, whatever? Worth checking, I would think.
There is no real vent for the toilet, but I can't see that preventing a good flush. The line is vented with a 1.5" vent that is away from the toilet line. As a test, I could open two ports that I use to dump the RV. They will vent the septic tank.

>snip<
Bingo!
Joe

not necessarily.......
I had a unvented toilet that flushed fine, but occasionaly the toilet would go dry, the water in the trap would get sucked out

Bingo!
The "vent" was the problem. I found that I could turn the problem on and off by opening a port that I use to drain the RV. It seems that the septic system is fairly tight and the toilet needs to "burp" to form the siphon. The "venting" is supposed to be through the kitchen's drain line but it had a sag in it and evidently plugged. I got the line level and am using enzyme stuff to try to clear the sediment; a plumber's snake with a hose did not work. If this still does not perform, I guess I will have to rig a better vent.
Thanks for your help!

Speaking for all who made suggestions, "You're welcome"
Joe

"Speaking for all who made suggestions, "You're welcome"
It is increasingly clear that I will need to make a vent near the toilet. Any advice about putting a stack through a rolled roof?

how about a indoor vent? what are they called?

how about a indoor vent? what are they called?
It has to burp out. As far as I know, all indoor vents go in.