undercabinet mount for ovens

I am remodelling my rather narrow kitchen. One way I have chosen to increase the feeling of space is to use open wire shelving instead of closed cabinets on one wall. Bought the shelving for $60 at a recycle yard, looks great. But my second idea is to hang both the microwave and toaster oven underneath the shelving rather than use up limited counter space.
Since the shelving is open and metal I don't need to worry about heat build-up but I have been looking around and can't find any decent mounting systems for hanging these appliances. The only thing I saw was a Black and Decker system but it only fit the cheap little toaster ovens, not the bigger ones.
I guess I could try rigging something up but since the rest of the kitchen is starting to look pretty good I would like to find something presentable. Any ideas?
The wire shelving I've seen is not strong enuf to do what you want.

increase
cabinets
great. But

underneath the

heat
mounting
Black and

the bigger

kitchen
presentable.

Mine is. It's commercial grade (recycled). I could do chin-ups on it. But do you have any suggestions about mounts?

anchors and chains to wall (above) you will need a rod that you can dill the necessary 3 holes to hang the micro. (and the bracket that comes with the micro). it has been done many times.

My under-cabinet mini-TV came with its own suspension device and a template for drilling 4 holes in the cupboard and the bolts to attach the assembly. There *must* be both m'waves and toaster ovens *designed* for under-cabinet mounting that would be similarly complete. Then you'd just have to approximate the solid wood cabinet bottom with a few metal pieces with holes in them to accomodate the bolts.

Wish I could find them, I've looked on-line and a couple of local superstores.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:59:55 -0500, "Dave Gower"

Try searching on "spacemaker." GE has a line (I couldn't wait for the .PDF installation guide to load) and B&D also (although you said retrofit kits were unsuitable, presumably the models sold *with* the hoods and whatnot would be OK.) I'd also search on "under-counter appliances" and "under cabinet" and every conceivable variation. If 'they' sell TVs and can openers, 'they' also sell m'waves and toasters.
I sympathize with your desire for an uncluttered, non-'home brew' solution, but, absent professional mounting gear, what you're looking for is a secure, sturdy platform to place these appliances on. Hmm. Might it be called a "shelf"? Snip out 1 layer of your steel shelving and just put the gadgets on the bottom level?
I gotta see pictures before I can go on with this... :-)
GE used to make a small under counter microwave (I had one) but that was about 15 to 20 years ago and they were gone last time I searched. Was a nice unit. Tried to replace it a few years ago but no luck.
wrote

the
looking
shelving

There has fairly recently been a new(?) microwave oven design available. They're called "over the counter" models and are designed specifically hang from an overhead cabinet but *not* mount over a range like many of the hanging microwave models are. You can see a couple of models at the following link:
"Over the Counter" Microwave Ovens http://tinyurl.com/w0g6
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Microwave+Oven
=~~~~~~