Under-Cabinet Lighting

The wife decided that she wants LED under-cabinet lighting under the four cabinets. I've found the fixtures and power supply online, but the interconnecting wiring has me confused. I've found various lengths cables with molded connectors (outrageously priced), but what I want to do is buy wire and connectors and make them up myself because a couple of the runs are long, and I don't want to have to drill holes big enough to pass a connector through.
Are these special connectors? Are they available on line? What gauge wire do I need to use?
Thanks in advance for any information.
JAS
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5880 (20110216) __________
http://www.eset.com

<snip>
I'm looking for LED undercabinet lights as well. What was it you found? More info may help with your question, too!
--
Best regards
Han

Google is your friend! LED under-cabinet lighting
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5880 (20110216) __________
http://www.eset.com
Han wrote:

Consider a few free HF flashlights. Hacksaw off the heads glue the heads into a 1x2 having suitable sized holes.
Solder the lights to the leads of a 4.5vdc wall-wart. Mount the whole shebang under the cabinets.
The trick is to getting them to turn off and on. I didn't have a clapper, so I climbed into the attic and tapped into the overhead lighting with wires leading to an outlet mounted high on the wall under the cabinets. I then used my imprinting device to concoct a "SWITCHED" sign to put on the outlet.

Depending on power supply, that will determine the wiring requirement. I wire up my own using Cree warm white led's. I can't stand bluish, which most are.
Here are some components for wiring cabinets. Buying your own you need to know the specs first. I would not even use connectors. There are a zillion types.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini_tubes.htm

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini_tubes.htm
Thanks. I did run across that site in my travels. The prices are reasonable, too. JAS
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5880 (20110216) __________
http://www.eset.com
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:41:32 -0500, "John Simpson"

You get what you pay for. I am not familiar with that product, but for less than $10 I wouldn't expect much. I installed several of the Direct Wire units from Kichler and am very happy with them. It will cost a lot more than the above lights.
http://www.kichler.com/consumer.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portlet_catalog&portlet_catalog_actionOverride=%2Fproducts%2Fsearch_from_results&_pageLabel=products_page
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:25:52 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Oops, bad link. Try this one:
http://www.kichler.com/consumer/search_page/portlet_search/siteSearch/search

Thanks to some of the replies, I think my light has finally come on! What I didn't realize was that some brands of fixtures can be direct wired without having to use connectors. That certainly solves the problem.
Thanks!
JAS
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5881 (20110216) __________
http://www.eset.com