Two kinds of garage door springs

Page 2 of 2
On 03/22/08 11:46 am JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Sorry. I missed the word "manual" in your question.
Note that there are now torsion springs that can be adjusted with a power drill rather than with a pair of bars that can let go and take your eye out. Saw one at Menards a week or so back.
Perce
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:39:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

An occasional poster here has an outstanding page on this type of spring. Did you know they are color coded? Not all springs are the same.
Thanks to Richard J. Kinch.* http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
A good read!

Homework! Thanks.
One more thing, for $28, I'd go with the torsion (better) spring. You know, a single torsion spring cost about that. YRMV!