Turn on sink; air bubbles from toilet

installed a new toliet and have noticed some weird happenings. We I turn on the sink or the shower, there are air bubbles coming out of the toliet. There is no noticable odor, but it is very disturbing. Anyone know the cause of this?

-mike

Reply to
Michael

(1) Bird's nest in the vent stack. (2) Wrong slope on drains converging to a single vent stack.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Hi,

It isn't the vent plugged with a nest or a slope drain. If it were, the old toilet would have done it also. It sounds like you might not have a perfect seal on the wax ring or the flapper is not the greatest in the tank. It could also be the actual valve in the tank leaking as well.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7