Turn fixed french door into an operable one

I have a Pella architectural series fixed french door. I want to hinge it and make it operable. I can handle the hinges and lockset installation. I am wondering if this is all it takes. That is are the weatherstripping, edge bevels, and threshold the same on a fixed door as on an operable one.
BTW I asked Pella this questions and all they could manage was "this would void the warranty".
Keith wrote:

For starters you are going to need a dead bolt (I suggest top and bottom) on one door.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I would tell them you accept that and won't hold thedm to the warranty and ask them again your questions.
I don't know if you'll do any better, but it would make a better story when you tellit again. And I'd like to think that after they clear themselves legally, that they have enough sense to answer a question about their own product.