Tumbled (Unfilled) Travertine grout question

I have just finished a travertine backsplash on new kitchen. It has many unfilled indentations which add lots of character to its look. What is the best way to grout this stone without getting grout into the indentations?
I asked the granite installer and he said just grout and fill the holes but that's not the look I want. Glad I didn't have him do the backsplash. I'm thinking a grout bag or use my fingers.
Any good ideas???
Thanks RV
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
Evo wrote:

thetiler wrote:

I will, but not getting many replies from this post, thinking about an empty caulking container if one can be found.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"