Troubling fuse problem

I won't get home till late tonight but I will give it a try soon and post back. The same fuse also knocked out the computers on the second floor. As I mentioned in another reply, I'll contact the guy I bought the house from and see what he remembers.

Reply to
dgk

Surely that must violate code.

power to an appliance or lamp can

Reply to
CJT

It does now (but existing is probably grand fathered). I've seen it in a

30A service with knob and tube wiring.

-- bud--

Reply to
Bud--

There was at least some power to the drill. The OP said the kitchen was "dead", but of course it might have only been comatose. Maybe there was nothing to hum, and not enough for a light to glow, but it was getting some current.

Reply to
mm

I want to ask dgk if you and dpb are brothers?

mm

Reply to
mm

Must be different fathers though.

I just read through a thread on replacing fuses with circuit breakers and the answer was, no, not unless something is wrong. So I'll have an electrician just take a look at it and replace it if something is wrong.

Reply to
dgk

I agree. The problem with fuses is that each one costs money, but for every thousand dollars it costs to change from a fuse box to a circuit breaker box, you could buy more than 1000 fuses. It might take 500 years to use 1000 fuses.

Reply to
mm