Troubleshooting LG 12k Window A/C?

This unit has worked finel for quite a number of years. But suddenly this past month, after a particularly hot and humid spell, the compressor will NOT shut off. Even if the unit is powered off the compressor keeps running. I've had to unplug it to get it to stop. If I plug it back in the compressor starts up immediately and keeps running.
Is there anything that I as a homeowner can try or do to remedy this issue? Any ideas, suggestions, etc greatly appreciated.
Thanks
On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 6:45:13 PM UTC-5, bobmct wrote:

Sounds like the triac shorted, it's a large heat-sinked component on the control board. It could, possibly be replaced.
On 8/30/2015 7:45 PM, bobmct wrote:

I think LG products have a lot of electronics. I'd call their tech support people, and ask.
. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .