Trouble Shooting Procedures on a 1988 Buick La Sabre Cruise Control

What are the best Trouble Shooting Procedures on a 1988 V-6 Buick LaSabre Cruise Control? The bulb, in the third brake light in the back window, was blown. I replaced the bulb but the cruise still does not work. (More than one thing went bad.)

Does the cruise dash light tell you that the cruise switch is okay and what other electrical components does it tell you are okay? I checked and all the fuses are okay.

Does the lit cruise dash light tell you the brake switch is okay? The cruise dash light works properly as it should and goes off when brake is applied, it also did that before I replaced the brake bulb.

Could it be the ?Servo? not getting proper ground. Where is the VSS Sensor - Perhaps the VSS (Vehicle Speed Signal) sensor wire is not connected? Cruise works off the SPEED SENSOR, if there is no signal, it will not work. However, the cruise dash seems to indicate that the VSS is connected and working.

Could it be the vacuum control components? - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

alt.autos.gm..you will get your answer.

Reply to