Treated Pine for Deck

Would love to hear any opinions on using treated pine for backyard deck . or some thing that better and cheap.

That is about as cheap is it will get. Lots of things better, but all are more costly. When you get into mahogany, Ipe, cypress the price climbs, but so does the longevity.
Any good engineer wood or something else that takes shade and water well ?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, things like Trex, but you said you wanted cheap.
Might have to call the Realtor on this one. I measure the deck as being 20' by 20'. I going to get an estimate tomorrow. So far I'm not impressed with trex like products. The contractor (the one who installed it) will have to tell me whether deck cleaner will work on the steps leading from the house. The wood has turn grey. Get allot of water doesn't doesn't get allot of sunshine to dry it out right away.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Did some checking on prices. Even at a discount price for trex (1.50 ln ft). , way to expensive. Next questions. I got the porch already built. But has turn grey . Power washer ? How do i restore so that the new deck matches closely ?
Drew Cutter wrote:

Comparable to cedar, mahogany is closer to $2, Ipe is about $2.15
Next questions. I got the porch already built.

Sanding it may work. It is not a coating, but the wood itself changed color from the UV rays of the sun. Most woods will turn gray over time unless protected. Either life with it and the deck will catch up, or stain the entire thing.
says...

I built a 200 sq ft deck for my above ground swimming pool using southern yellow pine about seven years ago. I use a very light touch with my pressure washer on it every two or three years and restain it. It really hasn't aged in the seven years since I built it. I think you'll be happy with it.