Tread brackets howto?

Hi,
I would like to replace tread brackets on my staircase and all I know that a scroll saw is the best tool to cut out the shape.
I will be happy with any advice on the subject, but I'm particularly wondering what material to use for the brackets (meant to be painted) and how to attach them.
Thanks!
Aaron Fude
On 3 Oct 2006 07:45:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Either #2 pine or plaster, and either finish nails or glue, respectively. Shellac the pine or the knots will bleed through the paint.
Thanks for the recommendations!
Could you include a link to the appropriate type of plaster for this job?
Thanks!
Aaron Fude
Hi,
I'm still very confused about the plaster. Do you mean plaster of Paris?
Thanks!
Aaron Fude