Transmatic

My lawn tractor has a Transmatic transmission. It slips in "5th gear". A transmatic has a drive belt coming off of the engine which goes to a double pulley. A belt travels from this pulley to a gearbox/ axle which drives the rear wheels. The gearbox selects forward and reverse but not speed. Speed is selected by moving the double pulley forwards and backwards. I pulled apart the tractor and the drive belts looked beat so I replaced them. No help. Went through the various belt adjustments. No help. Sprated belt dressing around. No help. Need some advice.
Dave M.