Trailer hitch lock is stuck

I bought an old used pickup truck a few months ago that has a trailer hitch with a lock on it. I have the keys to the lock, but I can't get the lock to open so I can remove the towbar/ball (or whatever that is called).
Here's a link to an online image of a lock that looks like the one I have:
http://www.pacifictrailers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.prodInfo&prodIdH724&docid=2kcfXgbZ4HoiuM&imgurl=http://imageserv3.team-logic.com/store-logic/products/159/48724/651.jpg&wH0&h )3&ei=8jiwT8zgKsOJ6AHs_ui1CQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx“&vpy92&dur500&hovh5&hovw(7&tx@&ty7&sig4592502974803465707&page=1&tbnh•&tbnw6&start=0&ndsp!&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0,i:110/
Hopefully, the link will work.
The lock has a press-type button on the end. The key goes in, and everything seems to turn freely, etc. But I can't get the lock to come off so I can pull the bar out and remove the towbar/ball.
I have used oil etc. to get everything loose, and I have tried tapping on the mechanism. It just won't come apart. If I can't figure it out, I guess I'll have to cut the lock off.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could try?
Add pictures here
✖
You already did the oil and hammer method. Try to hammer harder!!!! It's junk anyhow.....
If that dont work, use an angle grinder and cut it off. Thats a no brainer....
Of course you'll have to buy a new one, but it dont have to be the locking type unless you live in a real high crime area. The non-lock type are about $5.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 19:04:30 -0

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 13 May 2012 19:43:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

Remove the drawbar when not in use and you don't need the lock, unless they are going to steel the whole trailer - in which case you need to lock the coupler too.
Add pictures here
✖
If the lock is stuck, the tow bar may also be rotted to the receiver. More heat and beat. I've seen tow bars that were seriously stuck on.
One time, I also helped a friend remove a ball hitch from a SUV. That took heat, and impact gun to get the bolts to loosen.
You already did the oil and hammer method. Try to hammer harder!!!! It's junk anyhow.....
If that dont work, use an angle grinder and cut it off. Thats a no brainer....
Of course you'll have to buy a new one, but it dont have to be the locking type unless you live in a real high crime area. The non-lock type are about $5.
Add pictures here
✖

That's true. I don't need it to lock. I have another trailer hitch on my car and I don't use a lock with that one.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 13 May 2012 22:29:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

In some states, it is an equipment violation to leave them in place if it extends more than a couple of inches beyond the bumper. Pull into a parting space behind one and it becomes plain why it would not be there.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 07:51:47 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This is an old post (2012), but if someone has the same problem, cut it off with an angle grinder.
Add pictures here
✖