Toilet Tank Overflow Tube Broken at Base

I have a Crane low flow toilet (with CR/PL-F & 364032 & 3-742 & G-709 engraved on the underside of the lid). The plastic overflow tube broke off it's base, which is integrated with the plastic outlet ring that connects the tank to the top of the toilet. So it looks like I have to replace the plastic outlet ring (2 inches inside by 2-3/4 inches outside - set into a black rubber washer) with a new ring, washer and overflow tube. Does the tank have to be removed from the toilet? Or can the ring be pried out? If it can be pried out, what's the best method to use? Any tips for installing the replacement?

Thanks

Reply to
jay1000

The flush valve assy has a 2" nut on the bottom of the tank. Yes, the tank has to come off the bowl. You will need new tank bolts w/washers, flush valve-to-tank gasket, and tank-to-bowl gasket.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Don't over tighten anything or you will crack the ceramic. Also you will need a large wrench I think for the nut under the tank. They make relatively inexpensive locking ones that curve out so they form a circle with a big opening so you don't need a large and expensive pipe wrench.

G-709

replace the

Does the

Reply to