Toilet Problem

I recently had a plumber unblock one of my toilets. In doing so, he scratched the porcelain finish. Is there anyway to restore the finish on the bowl.
Thanks. Jeff
Try an abrasive cleanser like Ajax or similar product - after draining out as much water as possible. In other words, do it wet, not under water.
Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

the
Do NOT do this!!!! You would be better off with a scratch than a scuffed patch of porcelain. And as the other post says, it is probably just metal (does it look like a pencil mark?) If so, then any good toilet bowl cleaner will wash it off immediately (you know, the kind that have hydrochloric acid in them).

I've never seen Ajax scratch a toilet surface except for plastic...
Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7
Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6

on

Agreed. A good scouring powder worked in lightly with a fine plastic pad should do the job.
Have a nice week...
Trent

Thanks. I make most of them up myself...and try to rotate them on a regular basis.
One of my favorites...
If we're gonna reduce juvenile delinquency, we've gotta start eating our young!
Have a nice week...
Trent
Jeff Bulach wrote:

if you talking about the mark left from his metal snake?? its not that the toilet is damaged, its some metal that was rubbed off the metal snake and it is left on the ceramic on the toilet.... just ignore it and it will go away or you can turn off the water to the toilet, flush it and then take a plastic scrubber and work on it and it will go away.... i do it all the time when using an auger in my home... no problem......