toilet problem

Have five year old Mansfield toilet. The trip level needed excessive force to flush. I traced it to a gummy, sticky flush valve seal. Went to HD and bought flush valve seal which fits the Mansfield 210 water saver mechanism. Installed and the flush is good but have serious water leakage from tank into toilet. I have adjusted the seal dozens of time but with no success. Does the seal need time to form? I'm stumped and would appreciate some suggestions. Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Had this problem before. Fixed it by using a calcium or lime remover chemical on the inner diameter of where the seal goes. I used an old toothbrush to scrub the area. Once squeaky clean I put a coat of Vaseline on the inner seal area and the seal face itself. Rotate the seal around the Vaseline until you are positive it is seated on the inner diameter.

Reply to
tnom

I've done the same. Excellent solution!

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

you do need to have slack in the chain that connects the flapper with the lever

Reply to
news