toilet not refilling after flushing

I have a flush tank with a float that goes up and down the refill valve (not the ball). Recently however after I flush the toilet occasionally water will refill into the tank only after i have touched/moved the float up and down. Also noticed water fill over the fill tube thus leaking excess water into the toilet blow. Any suggestions on a remedy
Thanks
david wrote:

Sounds like the valve part of the assembly is getting sticky.
Easiest thing to do is just replace the entire fill valve assembly, they can be gotten for around $10 at the box stores.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)