Toilet installation

I recently reinstalled my toilet after having some tile work done. I put a new floor seal, tank to bowl kit, and new valve. I believe it was called Fluidmaster from HD. (The tank was very slow filling when I took it out). Everything works fine (no leaks) except that every once in a while the water level drops and it triggers the valve. Could it be the flapper assembly?

yeah flapper good chance.
add some food coloring to the tank and see if it migrates to the bowl

yeah flapper good chance.
add some food coloring to the tank and see if it migrates to the bowl Good idea.
On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:54:34 -0400, Ultraglide wrote:

could be. But I had the same problem and added food coloring. The water was not leaking. Well at least not into the bowl. Not sure what else it could be. but since the water is not leaking into the bowl I guess its not a $$$ problem, so...
On Wed, 2 May 2007 17:54:34 -0400, "Ultraglide"

Very likely. BTDT.
On Wed, 2 May 2007 17:54:34 -0400, "Ultraglide"

I was in Lowes one day, and picked up a free flapper leak check kit. It was a tablet that colors your tank water. I dropped it in my tank and a little while later saw the bowl water had blue in it.
tom @ www.Cheap-Wedding-Dress-Advice.com