Toilet installation

I recently reinstalled my toilet after having some tile work done. I put a new floor seal, tank to bowl kit, and new valve. I believe it was called Fluidmaster from HD. (The tank was very slow filling when I took it out). Everything works fine (no leaks) except that every once in a while the water level drops and it triggers the valve. Could it be the flapper assembly?

Reply to
Ultraglide

yeah flapper good chance.

add some food coloring to the tank and see if it migrates to the bowl

Reply to
hallerb

yeah flapper good chance.

add some food coloring to the tank and see if it migrates to the bowl Good idea.

Reply to
Ultraglide

could be. But I had the same problem and added food coloring. The water was not leaking. Well at least not into the bowl. Not sure what else it could be. but since the water is not leaking into the bowl I guess its not a $$$ problem, so...

Reply to
dnoyeB

Very likely. BTDT.

Reply to
NickySantoro

I was in Lowes one day, and picked up a free flapper leak check kit. It was a tablet that colors your tank water. I dropped it in my tank and a little while later saw the bowl water had blue in it.

tom @

Just Joshin