Toilet Clog?

My toilet/drain has a clog in it. I can tell by the half assed way it flushes.

I tried the usual things, like a plunger, hot water, and even a toilet auger. I can get the toilet auger all the way down and turn it with the handle. It comes out clean, toiletstill doesn't flush right.

I assume then that my clog is farther down than that, (maybe in the stack?).

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Don Green

My toilet/drain has a clog in it. I can tell by the half assed way it flushes.

I tried the usual things, like a plunger, hot water, and even a toilet auger. I can get the toilet auger all the way down and turn it with the handle. It comes out clean, toiletstill doesn't flush right.

I assume then that my clog is farther down than that, (maybe in the stack?).

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Don Green

Sound guess.

How cold is it? Last winter, uur sewers were backed up for almost 90 days cuz main sewer line was frozen. Could also be roots in line from house to main line in road. We had to have ours "rootered" (auger cut) every 1-2 yrs.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Has your wife started using one of those "disinfectant" products? If so, research "Blue goo". Does the commode flush better on the second flush?

Reply to
Michael B

Possible. I had a clog that was over 100 feet down the line, but eventually backed up all the way. The idiots putting in a new utility pole drilled right through my sewer line and it took a couple of months for the problem to show up.

It is also possible that you have a solid obstruction, like a kids toy right at the toilet outlet. Enough opening to allow the auger by, enough to cause a slow down.

Are other toilets and sink draining properly?

Fill a bucket with water. Flush the toilet. As soon as the bowl empties, pour in enough for another flush, then maybe another. That will either back it up so you can judge the distance, or purge the solids in the line if it is a hang up of paper or a tampon, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

could be the vent on the roof. i had a problem with the kitchen sink draining slowly....tried the same things you did. turns out the roof vent was clogged with leaves. had to run a snake through the vent and cut a section of pipe out under the sink to get the leaves out.

Reply to
bpuharic

Di you use a three foot or a six foot auger?

Reply to
Molly Brown

One vote here for checking the vent next. Vent blockages often happen because connections to the stack use right angle tees which perform poorly.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

(and other questions)

Another: how old is your sewer line? Or, if you know, what material is it constructed of? (The answers are strongly correlated.)

Edward

Reply to
Edward Reid

Di you use a three foot or a six foot auger?

Reply to
jimmy