Toggle Lighted Dimmer light switch

I put up one I bought from ACE. Only problem is that the switch stays lit even when turned on. Others I have only lit when shut off entirely. What would cause that problem ?
Joe Versaggi wrote:

Why is it a problem? It may have been designed that way. Contact the manufacturer.
It was designed that way? What does the packaging state? Might not be any "problem".
:I put up one I bought from ACE. Only problem is that the switch stays : lit even when turned on. Others I have only lit when shut off entirely. : What would cause that problem ? :
Pop wrote:

Package says it comes on only when switch shut off, which is how several others I have hooked up work. It is not a problem, just wondering if that is a sign of any electrical hazard. Buty , there is no way to screw up the wiring; I set it up the same way as an old one that was driving me crazy from flickering.
Joe Versaggi wrote:

being excited by light? If it's a lit switch with only two terminals, then I would say it is a problem, since that means there's a large voltage drop across your "on" (i.e. closed, or shorted) switch, and that ain't right.
Joe Versaggi wrote:

If an electrical device doesn't do what it is supposed to do, I don't like it. Take it out, bring it back to the hardware store and they'll give you a new one. A little time lost, but you'll have peace of mind.
Pop wrote:

What kind of light - and wattage lamp is being used??? If not a lamp what is it switching?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote: