Todays question , Electrical

I want to put in a garbage disposal. The closest outlet that I can draw power from is on a side wall from my sink.
It is about 3 feet from the sink to the wall/corner, and the outlet is about another 2 feet on the next wall.
Can I run a conduit line on the outside of the wall to the sink and feed it into the side of the cabinet to give power to a disposal? It would run behind the refrigerator so it would not be seen at all,
Or do I have to cut open the plaster and run it behind the wall or run a line from an existing line in the basement and come up through the floor and base of the cabinet?
Opinions? Options ?

You probably *could*, but it's not clear to me why you would want to. How will you attach the conduit to the outlet box?

You'd need to cut open the plaster to attach conduit to the outlet box anyway, right?

Since you have a basement beneath it, the easiest and neatest way is to come up from the basement.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Not if he went the Wiremold route and used one of their extenders over the outlet box. Here's the "DIY" page on their website:
http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer/projects/overview/index.asp
Should be available in most big box stores.
I'm no code mavin, but I see that stuff used in many places, so it's probably kosher.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

on an existing circuit in the basement.

come up from the basement for a neater and probabaly easier job. youll need a switch to turn it on and off unless its one that the switch is built in.

No. The circuit that you want to tap from might be a small appliance circuit. Small appliance circuits shall have "NO other outlets" per NEC. You must to install a new circuit, preferably 20 amp. Even if it is not a small appliance circuit, it would probably be a geneal purpose lighting circuit and you can't tap off off that either.