Tips On Selecting A Quality Emergency Plumber

It is easy to forget about all of the secluded pipes behind our walls, inside our ceiling and under or homes. They are out of sight and out of mind until they break! When water comes dripping down on the dinning room table or your bubble bath water wants to follow you to your bedroom you need an emergency plumber!

Use the internet to find someone experienced in sewer repair and various plumbing problems. Not every service covers every issue, like problematic kitec on the piping. You need to research in order to find someone experienced, reliable, and available to fix the specific problem you have.

Make sure that the professional that you select has a range of skills and experience. Have they ever dealt with a pipe burst? Do they have a good knowledge of dealing with toilet clogs and severe leaks? They should know about regular plumbing maintenance in addition to emergency situations.

Reputation is extremely important when selecting someone to work with your kitchen, bathroom and sewer repair. Check online for positive reviews and a track record of past success. Investigate the truth, however. Sometimes plumbers have poor reputations, and you should check the bad reviews to find out exactly why.

Reply to
reflection666

Either is good. I like your under stated humor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

re: "Sometimes plumbers have poor reputations, and you should check the bad reviews to find out exactly why."

You know, if I'm ever in an "emergency plumbing" situation, I doubt I'm going to waste time finding out *why* someone got a bad review.

I think my time would be better spent calling one of the plumbers with only good reviews.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You mean you wouldn't be asking a plumber over the phone if he had any experience with leaks or toilet clogs? I mean that is some seriously advanced stuff. The guy would have to have his own TOOLS, fer crying out loud!

RicodJour

My favorite is "Check online for positive reviews and a track record of past success. "

Where does the typical person go to find online reviews and track records of success for local plumbers? The only resource that is widely available is the Better Business Bureau and even they have very limited imformation. If the plumber is in there, you can find out some basic company info, if they have a satisfactory rating, and how many complaints they've had. But it doesn't give reviews or anything approaching a track record.

Angie's list is a website that is supposed to do that. But the one time I took a quick look at it, you had to pay for access and it wasn't cheap. Also, while that might work for NYC or Chicago, I doubt you're gonna find many reviews there for a typical small town.

Best advice I would give is to choose an emergency plumber based on experiences you've had with plumbers you;ve used yourself. Or ask friends, neighbors, for their recommendations and have one picked out ahead of time in case you eventually need one. Of course, there are a range of what one could call "emergencies" too. For example, many of them can be dealt with by turning off the water, which then gives you a reasonable amount of time to figure out who to call.

Also, establish their rates upfront. And if it;s going to go beyond just a quick service call, eg, you have a burst pipe and falling ceiling, make sure you get a contract in writing.

Reply to
trader4

responding to

sarahdann wrote: COMPLETELY disagree that Angie?s List is a good thing. I work for a company that does home remodeling. A third party tried to hire my employer to do work on a house that they don?t own. When my employer stated that for the company to do the work they would have to have authorization in writing from the home owner the person became irate. Then the person requested that my employer deliver building materials for a $25 fee (normal delivery from the store in question is $75). In the interest of good-will my employer did that and then just out of pure spite because my employer refused to do work on a property without proper authorization this person went on Angie?s List completely slamming my employer. My employer NEVER knew Angie?s List even existed and has an ?A+? rating with the BBB for over 15 years. Long story short, Angie?s List is a way for crack-pot type people who hold grudges to pay money and then attempt to ruin others when they don?t get their way.

reflecti> It is easy to forget about all of the secluded pipes behind our walls,

Reply to
sarahdann