Tinted hammock-style furnace filter

Hi
My forced air (gas) home furnace has a hammock-style air filter. I use these fiberglass Trim-To-Fit filters made by a company called Duststop. <http://www.duststopfilters.com/ Their instructions say to place the "tinted" side facing the air exit. But, I'm not sure which side is the "tinted" side. One side is loosely knitted and is a blue color. The other side is more tightly knitted and it is white. There are some definitions of "tint" that say it involves adding some white to a darker color. There are some definitions of "tint" that say it involves being slightly colored as opposed to not colored.
So which side, the white (tight knit) or the blue (loose knit) should face the air exit in order to trap the most dust?
TIA
--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com

The blue is the tinted side based on your description...loose Air should flow into the loose side and exit the tight woven side.
generally speaking, to tint something is to make it darker - such as tinted windows on a car.

mwlogs wrote:

Yeah. I understand that. That's why I'm confused.

--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com

Duststop.
Loose knit goes to the incoming air to stop the larger particles in teh air, the knit gets tighter to stop the smaller particulate... Thats the proper way, regardless of the color.
"Steve@carolinabreezehvac" wrote:

Thanks. That's the way I have it now and I seem to be sneezing less than before when I had it the other way. I actually had a guy, an "expert", from Direct Energy, here in Toronto, clean the furnace last month and he told me to put it in the other way. The house has been dusty and I've been weezing ever since.
--
Joey Goldstein
http://www.joeygoldstein.com

You took the filter out, turned it around, and stuck it back in, and you're wondering why it's suddenly dusty? How about because all the crap that you collected on the (previously outside) side of the filter is now being blasted off the (now inside) side of the filter, and distributed throughout the house?