Timer 'stat for HVAC?

I would like to have full control over the HVAC in our building, such that it can be turned on just an hour before we arrive and turn off at a set time in the evening.

An acquaintance who is an HVAC guy says that these programmable 'stats are available only for AC, not for heating.

This doesn't sound right. Why would it matter what a timer is controlling? The thermostat part of it (heat or cool), yes, but the timer part shouldn't matter, should it?

How can I get a timer for all functions of the thermostat?

Makes? Models? URLs?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

Can be done. We use an Intermatic programmable timer. It has programmable settings for every day of the week. In our case, we control the circuit to the heater, not the individual thermostats.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:43:27 -0700, Edwin Pawlowski wrote (in article ):

I forgot to mention: we need two on-off times per day. Some days the building is occupied in the morning and late afternoon, but not inbetween.

Is it possible to have 2 on-off times per day?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

A Set back programable stat would work, run your setback to the highpoint in summer My cheap Lux has a 90 f for AC mode and 45 low for heating. multiple points of day. Or get a clock timer wired in.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a hunter 44550 stat that works on heating and cooling. You can program 7 days alike, Mon-Fri then Sat-Sun, or you can do individual programs for each day. Even gives run times and filter times. It came with my new house I was impressed....

Reply to
SQLit

building, such that it

at a set time in

programmable 'stats are

is controlling?

part shouldn't

Go to Grainger and get thier cheapest 'White Rogers" brand programable Heat / cool thermostat. That will cost you less than 40 dollars.

You just dont wire the cool function if you dont have AC...

Run thermostat wire from your furnace to the stat... Red goes to the R terminal on the stat. White to the W terminal and Green to the G terminal (thats fan only of you want to run it alone).

Look at your furnace wiring diagram for the fan relay option. follow the wiring diagram on your furnace, it will mate nicely with this thermostat on the same color code.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

programmable settings for

to the heater,

days the building

inbetween.

Yes. as many as you like with most programables.

Reply to
Phil Scott

Programable 'stats are available to do what you want, brands and models are too numerous to mention! Find another HVAC guru, the one you have don't have a clue! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You want 5-2 or 7 days the same? There are about 30 fine programmable stats, some not digital that will work fine..

Then hes an idiot, or hasnt been around long.

You dont even need the timer, but if you want one, we use Intermatics..

Again..programmable stats...

ITs called a fully programmable stat..

Robertshaw, Lux, Hunter Honeywell, Tradeline....the list goes on and on... Google.

Reply to
CBHVAC