tile shower pans

We are moving into a fixer upper home in a few weeks. I will be remodeling the master bath with a new shower and wanted to try a tile shower pan. I have done 1000's of feet of floor tile and several shower and tub walls in tile, but never a shower pan. Are there any books out there on constructing tile pans?
Thanks,
Craig