Tight Space for Fridge

I have my eyes on a refridgerator that will just barely fit in the space where I currently have a smaller fridge.
The top of the fridge will almost touch the bottom of the cabinets above it, and on the left and right there will be only about 1/2 inch or so. But it will stick out a bit so there shouldn't be a problem opening the door.
Is there any potential harm from fitting a fridge tightly into a space?

This depends on how/where the fridge vents/ air circulation. Many large newer models, depending on type, vent out the bottom/ front, so this may not be a problem. Check yours out to see if it air can get in and out.

I believe that all the suggested minimum clearances are in the manual. I believe that the rear clearance is the most critical as that's where the most air movement is. Check with your manual.
I had a fridge like that, a replacement that was higher than the original. I had to trim the cabinet about 1/4" (lucky it was along the bottom where I just had to cut that board ......... is that a mullion ... stile ......... ?)
Anyhow, it works fine. But again, check your instructions. (when no one is looking, of course)
Steve