This is really something

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v
mzhvMgrLE&NR=1_(
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v
mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Discussed right here less than a month ago. Turns out that it is real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops-- even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.
I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.
Jim

Would wet wood trigger it, sweat, or light rain.
ransley wrote: ...

Construction-wet lumber can; there's an override switch to defeat it for the purpose. Of course, then there's no difference between it and another saw w/o the brake.
Haven't seen the others specifically addressed, one would presume there would be ways if can get enough apparent capacitance while the blade is running, yes...
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Agreed- a solution in search of a problem. Use the tool correctly and carefully, don't work when you are tired/drunk/mad, don't let kids operate it until they have had plenty of instruction and show the proper maturity, etc etc. If you have stupid employees, get smarter ones.
--
aem sends...

On 5/26/2010 6:04 PM, aemeijers wrote:

Not to mention that I'll bet even the morons dumb enough to buy it, will get pissed and disable it after the first false trigger.
--
Steve Barker

That is neat. Why didn't someone come up with this idea sooner.

You mean like 10 years ago? They did. Why hasn't it caught on? Because it is expensive, inconvenient, and mostly unnecessary.
Jim
LouB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v
mzhvMgrLE&NR=1_(
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v
mzhvMgrLE&NR=1
Safety for morons.
--
LSMFT

I wonder if Batman invented it?
On May 26, 3:21pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

No, a lawyer.

== I wouldn't trust it for a moment. ==

Oh, it works. It's about 2x the price of an equivalent saw and the inventor is trying to force the "technology" (his patent) on the industry.
keith wrote:

And it costs real money each time it trips. OTOH it could savea finger or two so some might consider it.