Thinset instead of Grout?

On very narrow joints, is there any reason I can't use thinset instead of grout?
Since there is 10 lbs of thinset left in the bag, and it is the same color as the grout I chose, I'm tempted.
Somebody stop me if this is a mistake...
Thanks in advance.
KB
Both are portland cement plus sand. Thinset is hidden and so it usually is composed of the cheapest grey portland cement. White or colored grout uses white portland cement which is more expensive than grey, it can be left white or tinted to any grout color. Since grout is non-structural just about any cementitious base would suffice, unless you are looking for decreased water permeability. So if it is the same color, go ahead and use it but you MUST seal it.
Kyle Boatright wrote:

buy the real thing the thinset will likely need cleaned and resealed every year. for a few nucks why create another yearly project?
Kyle Boatright wrote:

As long as the joints are wide enough for sanded grout, thinset is fine. No real difference other than color.
--
dadiOH