Thin profile socket/ratchet wrench needed

Hello,
I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3" clearance to work with.
Any ideas?
Thanks Mike
I use a nut driver to drive that type of head. There are also nut drivers with a 1/4" hex shaft on the other end that can be inserted into an impact driver. Plenty of power there.
On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:51:55 -0700 (PDT), eljainc

On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:51:55 -0700 (PDT), eljainc

I can't follow you at all, not right angled, straight, socket.
But Home Depot for a while had and probalby still has in the tool department a socket wrench handle that would also twist the socket by twisting the handle, so no motion was needed by the handle itself.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:51:55 -0700 (PDT), eljainc

Here is one solution. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=hand&item_IDT220&group_ID 779&store=snapon-store&dirtalog

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=hand&item_IDT220&group_ID 779&store=snapon-store&dirtalog
That's the perfect solution. I believe Craftsman makes a similar series of tools.

Get a side terminal battery wrench. Most auto parts stores sell them.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumber=97261-0VGA&Submit=Go

In those cases I just suck it up and grab the regular old combination wrench. Takes longer, but takes less time and money than searching for a specialty tool to do the job "conveniently."
While you're sitting here waiting for someone to recommend the magic tool, I'm done tightening the screw and I'm off to my next job.
Auto parts store, get a battery terminal wrench. They come in 5/16 or 10mm.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus